Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Salsa Chicken

This is another one of my favorite easy, tasty meals.  It also freezes well due to the moisture content from the salsa and is great in leftovers like quesadillas or tacos.  I also like it just plain with some chili sauce.

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken breast
16 oz. salsa (preferably homemade or a store brand with all real ingredients - I like this fermented salsa to keep on hand)
2 tbsp. taco seasoning (here's a great recipe to make your own or use a spice mix that is only spices)

Directions:
1.  Place chicken in slow cooker, pour salsa over chicken and mix taco seasoning into salsa
2.  Cook for six hours on low

that's it - enjoy!

This post is shared at Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
This is also shared as part of Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways

We are part of Pennywise Platter at Nourishing Gourmet

2 comments:

  1. Okay...my mouth is watering 'cause this recipe ROCKS:) I would be so honored if you would share this today at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways. I would love it even more if you could put us on your Wednesday blog hop list:) I hope to "see" you soon! Here's the link: http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/12/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea - I did join and like your blog as well. I hope you enjoy this quick meal for some weeknights.

    ReplyDelete